Rain makes all the difference to the earth. Lack of rain can be devastating to the earth. It affects every area of life. Without it, the earth cannot survive. Rain, in bible, often symbolizes the presence of God and the “earth” can symbolize His people as earthen vessels. Spiritually speaking, we cannot survive without the presence of God. He desires to shower down and surround His people with His presence.
Psalms 23:1-2: The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He make me lie down in green pastures….
Psalms 72:6–…He will be like rain falling on a mown field, like showers watering the earth
Leviticus 26:4—Then I shall give you rain in their season, so that the land will yield its produce and the trees of the field will bear fruit.
What happens when it rains?
- Rain brings a refreshing, a newness to the earth, and encouragement for growth.
- It promotes health and healing and a healthy land.
- It softens the ground (or people’s heart)
- Cleans the air, clears the atmosphere
- Provides water to drink to quench thirst
- Causes you to rest and retreat
- Has a calming or soothing affect, causes you to relax
- Nourishes, strengthens and brings new life
- Causes you to focus or reflect and it activates the imagination
- Cools things down, if the climate is too hot
May you experience the rain of God’s presence every single day of your life and be refreshed always.